Ticker

8/recent/ticker-posts

Can you Believe Javed Akhtar Wrote This Jagjit Singh Song in Just 10 Minutes?

Javed Akhtar recounted the tale of how he created one really well-known song in under nine minutes.

A well-known Indian poet, lyricist, and screenwriter is Javed Akhtar. Filmmakers and music producers were immediately drawn to his creative and perceptive words, which brought him widespread fame. He is the author of many well-known song lyrics, including Sandese Aate Hain, Main Agar Kahoon, and Do Pal.

Akhtar has written catchy, moving melodies that have gone on to become classics. The songwriter recently admitted that he wrote one incredibly hit song in nine minutes and then remembered the tale behind it.

Recently, Javed Akhtar attended the FICCI conference in Kolkata. The well-known author and songwriter reminisced about the occasion and how he quickly wrote a tremendously hit song after getting inebriated. He reportedly said during the occasion that “I have written a handful of songs in under 10 minutes. After Silsila, Yash Chopra’s fourth assistant came to me and requested that I write the songs for his film. Of course, he didn’t have any money, but I agreed. I wrote the songs, but because I was working for free, one remained incomplete. That poor guy would come over every evening and ask for the song, and in those days, I used to drink…”

He also recalled that he delayed writing the song till the last day and said, He added. “Every evening, we’d drink and chit-chat, and by 2 am, we’d decided that we would finish the song tomorrow. I kept delaying it, and then one day, the poor guy asked again. This was past midnight, after the eighth or ninth peg, I asked for a piece of paper and a pen and decided to get it over with.”

The National award-winning lyricist said, “The reason why I know for sure that I wrote that song in nine minutes is because he had to catch the last train, so kept looking at his watch. I finished it in nine minutes and handed it over to him. Jagjit Singh sang the song, it was ‘Tum Ko Dekha To Yeh Khayal Aaya’. It was written at perhaps 12:30 in the night, after eight or nine pegs, in nine minutes….”

The audience at the occasion roared with amusement in response to Javed Akhtar.



from Filmy Focus https://ift.tt/DCAcrGJ

Post a Comment

0 Comments